NIV - "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
The Message - "Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
I really need to learn how to "keep company with him" because the truth is, I don't really do that. I need to learn how to give it all over to Him and let him lead me through my life and help me overcome my fears, troubles, etc. ____________________________________________________
Charity came in my room this morning at about 6:45am crying and asking me if it was morning. I feel bad, I was still tired and didn't want to get up so I yelled at her and told her to get out of my room. I stayed in bed until about 7:30am and then got up and got their breakfast and everything ready. Trinity was out the door by about 8:35 and then it was time to get Charity ready for Preschool. Just as we were leaving, Justin (hubby's foster brother) walked in the door (he works nights this week and next week) so I asked if he'd mind watching Isaac (it was about -14 but felt like -21C out there this morning) while I brought Charity to Preschool. He didn't mind at all, so off we went. I came home then spent some time with Isaac, he had a bath and then watched cartoons, I took some time online and then got off to do some cleaning. DH came home for lunch, we ate and then hung out until he went back to work. I read a few books to the kids, then Isaac started acting out so I put him down for his nap, read to Charity some more and then came online.
After I'm done here, I will be getting off and getting more cleaning and laundry done. I think Justin's sister and her husband are coming over about 5ish. There's a candle lighting service at the church today (where you light a candle in memory of a deceased loved one), and they are just coming to visit before that. I am hoping somebody can babysit so I can go as well (we're thinking of asking his foster brother, but he might want to go himself). Also, at 6pm, I have to go to the daycare so the lady that cleans there (I will be cleaning for her when she's got a day off or is on vacation), so she can show me around. I will be cleaning there Nov. 24th and Dec. 16th and maybe a few days between there (she wasn't sure yet).
I have NO clue what we're doing for dinner, especially since his sister and her husband are coming over. I'm hoping Justin calls from work and lets me know what's going on, if he doesn't in 15 minutes then I'll call him. I dont want to make something and then find out we'll be ordering pizza or something.
Tomorrow is Friday and I want to do a deep clean of the house. Saturday, I am going out with my friend Violet (I hope) and we're going to have fun together (haven't seen each other since July). I can't wait, it's been so long since we've gone out together. Sunday, we are going to church and then probably hanging around at home (which is the usual for us on Sundays). So, that is our weekend (so far anyways).
Dear Lord, Thank you for such a wonderful day, even though it's cold and wintry outside. Thank you for our family and the love that we share for one another. I pray that Justin and Trinity are having a good time at work and at school and that Isaac is having sweet dreams during his nap. I pray that this evening, as we are at the Shining Light service, that we can feel your presence as we are around others who have suffered a loss like ours. I also pray that we all have a good sleep tonight full of sweet dreams. In your holy name, Amen.
Well, it's that time already, time to say farewell until tomorrow. You might not hear from me during the weekends since I'm not usually online. Have a great night and I hope your day has been Blessed beyond measure.
Jackie & Justin (08/18/01)
Trinity Hope (04/11/02)
Charity Grace Irene (11/15/04)
and Isaac Noah (08/20/06)
No comments:
Post a Comment