Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wednesday, November 19h, 2008

9:37am - Charity had to wake me up again this morning, at 7:40a.m. We got up and the girls had a shower (Isaac was still asleep). While they were in there, I decided to go online to check my email and stuff, but to my surprise, it’s not working right now. It’s for my own good though, I have been on WAY too much lately. I had cut WAY back and started using a shutdown timer (something that automatically shuts down your computer after a certain amount of time that YOU put into it, ex. 30 minutes). Well, the past week or so I haven’t been using it and find myself online most of the day, which makes me neglect my duties as a stay-at-home mother. This affects everything: my relationship with my kids, my relationship with my husband and especially my relationship with God (which is VERY important to me, my relationship with them that is).

Anyway, the girls finished their shower and we made some waffles for breakfast. While they ate, I went and got them some clothes and then sat down and ate some waffles too. Trinity got off to school and Charity wanted to watch cartoons, at the time Isaac was still eating so he finished and then I brought him downstairs to watch too. Well, that didn’t last very long, they came upstairs maybe 10 minutes later, while I was playing a bit of “LittleBigPlanet” on the PS3.

Today’s scripture (coming from a daily devotional reading paper I got at my recent Bible Study) reading for today is…….

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God – Matthew 5:8

What do they mean by see God? You can’t see God! Are they talking about when you are in Heaven? I do not understand this really, I think when our internet is up and running again I will look it up and then post it here.

Anyway, I have some things planned for today. They are:

- Clean the house
- Do some laundry
- Spend time with the kids
- Make meals and eat them as a family (except for lunch since Trin’s at school)
- Do some dishes
- Spend some time with my husband
- Read a Chapter of my Bible, do my “Power of a Praying Wife” for today and read some “Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World” and also write in my prayer journal (which I am going to make, haven’t yet).

I will try to come back either this afternoon or evening and tell you about the rest of my wonderful day.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for this wonderful day you have made. Help us to rejoice and be glad in it, no matter what comes our way. I pray for safety for Justin and Trinity as they are at work and school and that they have a blessed day. I pray for myself, Charity and Isaac who are at home today, that we also have a blessed day and enjoy every moment we have together. I pray this in your holy name, Amen.

2:00pm - As you can see, since I am posting this, our internet is now up and running. It was out all morning, kept getting some DNS error message (on the PS3 at least). I decided to check one more time to see if it worked and to my surprise, here I am. Since it was out, I got some cleaning and some dishes done this morning. I went through a Preschool activity book we have here and found some things to do with Charity when we get the chance.

After I am done here, I am going to throw a load of laundry in the washing machine and finish up my cleaning, so it's nice and tidy when Justin gets home from work. Trinity should be home from school in 70 minutes or so, then we'll do her homework and spend some time together until Justin gets home.

I'm not even sure what's for dinner tonight yet, I'm thinking maybe hotdogs or something simple like that. I'm sure whatever I make it will be good, always is :)

Dear Lord, Thank you for such a wonderful morning and start to the afternoon. I pray that Justin and Trinity are enjoying themselves at work and school, and that Isaac is having sweet dreams during his nap. Thank you for our family and everything that you do for us. I pray that as we spend time together this evening, that we will feel your presence among us. I pray this in your holy name, Amen.

I found the scripture I posed earlier and checked out the same one from "The Message" version of the Bible and it seems a bit clearer,but I still dont think I completely understand it....

You're blessed when you get your inside world—your mind and heart—put right. Then you can see God in the outside world - Matthew 5:8

Well, I should really get going. Until next time (probably wont be until tomorrow). God Bless and have a wonderful day!

Jackie

No comments: